Tuesday 24 January 2012

*Happy to be Me

Prompt: Tell a story about a moment in time when you were so happy you were you and not someone else in the room.

I am different.

I am an Engineering Graduate. During college, I rarely used to study. Not the oh-my-god-i-can't-study type. But more of a lets-see-what-happens type. I listen to classes half the time and never touch my books. My books are normally as fresh as new ones even after my semester gets over. So I was never the pet-puppy of many lecturers in my college. But many were. They read during study time, during breaks in college, during bus travel, in between meals, before going to sleep, after waking up, practically they do it all the time.  I was mostly irritated and a little bit jealous of these people. Because I simply can't stay awake after opening my college book. Semesters passed. My grades were not so bad but obviously cannot be compared to these Nerd's grades. Lecturers pick on students like us just for the fun of it. 

Two things I really liked doing at that time was one, Coding and two, Designing. The incident I am going to speak about happened during my Third year in college. The Technical Fest of my department was about to happen in a few months. They needed people to code the website and design banners and pamphlets for the Fest. They normally get interested names and make them work on it and select the best one. I enrolled and worked on it. We designed the website in groups. Our group's website was selected and my banner was selected that year. I was happy beyond limits. So I was taken into the team to do the support work. And I never used to attend classes because of that. When my lecturers confronted me one day about it, the Fest-in-charge supported me saying, "She is doing work for us. She is not wasting her time. She can cope up with her courses. I am sure of it. Don't bother her again." It was the best day of my life. I was happy and proud to be me rather than just another nerd in my class.



Written for Writer's Workshop.
Image Courtesy: Link

Love from, 
*No one

4 comments:

  1. As a nerd I hater you life surfers;). Just kidding. I do hate that I have to study though

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. I know. I wonder how people still study all the time. They must have real patience to do it. I can never excel in that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, not patience, no choice. If I do not study I fail. It helps if you like the subjects though. My first year near killed me with shit I HATED, but had to get through, now it is far more interesting. Which almost, ALMOST makes me look forward to another four years after this one. Fuck I can't wait to start working for real money, and paying off a mountain of student loans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, true. I want to start working soon too. I am bugged of studying.

      Delete